Monday 19 January 2015

Sheltering Tree Thinking of You

Recently I found time to play with a beautiful new stamp set called Sheltering Tree. It's a photopolymer set; you can see your image as you stamp it, so its really easy to place your stamped image exactly where you want it. It's got some great sentiments as well as the images, making it a really useful addition to your stash. 

I wanted a "thinking of you" card for a friend whose husband is sick at the moment and this is what I came up with:



Its' very simple, but the images are so lovely that I think they hold their own.

These are all the stamps you get in the Sheltering Tree set: 


It's called a "two step" set, meaning it's designed to place one stamp over the other. But really it's multi-step; I stamped the leaf image over the tree trunk twice to give depth, then added the swing. That's 4 (easy) steps for my simple card - imagine the possibilities if you really go to town and create a scene!

I think I'd like to try a spring or autumn card next.  





No comments:

Post a Comment