Tuesday 27 January 2015

Thankful for so much

Early in January I came across the lovely idea of keeping a Thankful Jar. I can't remember what the original idea was called, but I've now seen a few iterations around, all with slightly different ways of filling the jar. Basically you write down events or achievements that were especially good, cool, hard earned or that you are thankful for. You can do this as a "best of today" or as an occasional "this was fantastic, let's remember it". And then you put it in a (beautifully decorated, of course!) jar, collecting these wonderful memories until New Year's Eve, when you pull them out and remember all the special times of the past year, instead of failed New Year's resolutions. 

Here's my jar (a little late because I had to drink the coffee that was in here first). 







I re-used some of the flowers and hessian from my spring-wreath kit, and added some cool twine and natural ribbon, using hot glue to attach it all. I couldn't go completely girly, being the only girl in the house, but I'm hoping it's a balance of styles for all of us. 


I have a couple of Spring-wreath kits available, if you are interested in making a wreath, or in using your hand-made flowers for some other project.

Is a Thankful Jar something that would work for you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment