Friday 26 February 2016

A tale of two cards

Today's card has a bit of a story involved with it.


I wanted to make a special birthday card for a talented carding lady. I am loving the Wildflower Fields designer paper at the moment and wanted to base the card around that. I kept it pretty simple, because the paper itself speaks for itself, so I just added a few flowers cut out with the Botanical Builder framelits. They needed to go over a circle to separate them a little from the background.




But then I began to wonder - is it too busy?? I ended up making another card, which was very similar but just "toned down" a little . Less is more! Now that I know it has been received, I can show it to you.

 

So what do you think? Do you agree that less is more, or really, is it "more is more"!? I still can't decide...  At least I know my friend loved her card, which is all it takes to make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment