Friday 5 February 2016

Valentine's card

Oh my goodness, it's February already! How did that happen?! That means that Valentine's day is just around the corner. Do you celebrate? I know many feel it's just a commercial beat up, but we celebrate it in our house, because it's an anniversary - we got engaged on Valentine's day. (Isn't he clever, making sure he'd never forget the date?!)

Anyway, just because it's a day of love, there's no need to get all pink and floral on poor MOTH (man of the house). Have a look at what I came up with...


I've used a new "suite" from the Occasions catalogue called Going Places. I absolutely love the embossing folder - there are heaps of ideas for it zinging around in my head. I'm sure you'll see a lot more of it here! The stamp set is Going Global with some very versatile images and sentiments - not just for boys, although it solves the "I can't make masculine cards" drama beautifully!


Such a simple card - embossed background, a strip of designer paper and a couple of stamps. And no flowers in sight!! I like the way the red heart shows up so well in the black and white.





No comments:

Post a Comment